Sunday, November 2, 2008

Yokai! Creatures that helped shape the Japanese folklore and brought a smile to my dial.
What does this have to do with gaming? Nothing!

I was reading the New York Times and on the front page was an article on Akaname, the little fella in the picture here. Akaname lives in bathrooms and comes in at night to lick the bathroom surfaces clean.

I had a further look into the Yokai and found this little gem, Tanuki, a mischeivous master of disguise, but it is the description (linked into his name above) which caught my eye and made me giggle not to mention the little rhyme further down the page which is as crudely descriptive as it is funny.

Anyways that is my bit of culture for now, there is a recently released book Yokai Attack which I hope to read soon to find out more about Yokai.

1 comment:

Sleepydumpling said...

Man, I thought my job sucked at times... Akaname there has got to have one of the worst jobs ever!